Saturday 20 August 2011

Bollywood actress opens Delhi exhibition on “art on mugs” for animal rights


New Delhi, Aug.20 (ANI): Lending support to the animal rights group-”People for Animals (PFA), Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor inaugurated a fundraiser exhibition of art on mugs here.

Kapoor accompanied by PFA chairperson and lawmaker, Maneka Gandhi inaugurated the exhibition of mugs that had paintings by 50 leading Indian artists.apoor said it was an honour for her to be the chief guest for a cause dedicated to animals. She also expressed her love for animals, especially for dogs.



“Really love animals, I have three dogs. My mother often threatens me that she would kick me out of home if I bring another one. But it”s a privilege and an honour anything to help any animal is I think a gift and it”s really great to be part of something like this,” said Kapoor.

Meanwhile, Gandhi has extended her support to anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare and his Jan Lokpal Bill.

Gandhi said her son and lawmaker, Varun Gandhi had not only offered his house to Hazare as a protest venue, but had also introduced a private members bill in Parliament regarding the Lokpal Bill.

“When he first sat on the fast, I was one of the first to go at the site in support of him. My son, as you know, has put a private members bill, and in fact, had offered his house to Anna. I am deeply appreciating his work and I am really pleased that India has stood behind him. That”s the most important thing,” said Gandhi.

Varun Gandhi too attended Friday’s fund raising event. (ANI

No comments:

Post a Comment