Wednesday 11 January 2012

I am enjoying my courtship: Payal Rohatgi



Be it her antics on reality show Bigg Boss or accusing filmmaker Dibakar Bannerjee of seeking sexual favours, actor Payal Rohatgi has always managed to create ripples. Now, the actor has got tongues wagging thanks to her relationship with wrestler Sangram Singh, whom she met during the shoot of reality show Survivor India, where the two are contestants.

“Our friendship grew during Survivor. He helped me maintain my calm during the show and that’s how we gelled. We are currently dating each other. Though we are complete opposites, there is a great comfort level that I share with Sangram. He is very caring and down-to-earth and that’s what I like most about him,” she says.

Health, of course, is a subject of common interest. “Being a health freak, Sangram has made me a lot healthier and fitter, as he has turned me into a vegan and even makes me gym every day. We want to settle down in a year but right now, we are enjoying the courtship period.”

The two of them will also be seen working together in a film called Valentine’s Night. 

“I play the role of a college girl who works in a call centre. It’s a romantic thriller about her interactions with her boyfriend on Valentine’s Day. It was great working with Sangram.”

Though Payal has not been able to catch the latest season of Bigg Boss, the former contestant feels her stint in Bigg Boss was the turning point of her career. 

“It made me a house hold name.” Comparing Bigg Boss to Survivor India, Payal, who was last seen on tv on reality show Zor Ka Jhatka, says, “People will get to see a side of me that is much more blunt, honest and upfront in Survivor. 

Honestly, surviving in Bigg boss was a cakewalk as compared to staying in Survivor, where we had to live in primitive-age conditions, even generating fire on our own. There is just no comparison.” And what’s it about Delhi that brings her here? 

“I love the spicy and teekha food here, specially the chaats, and end up putting on calories when I’m here. Also, my father lives in Gurgaon, so it’s second home.”

No comments:

Post a Comment