Tuesday 12 June 2012

Mika’s animal instinct


"They are family to me," says singer Mika Singh of the 12 dogs, four cows, two camels (Shankar and Shambhu) and horses at his farmhouse in Delhi.

And that 'family' just got bigger. Says Mika excitedly, "My horse recently gave birth to a foal I have named Bebo. My bitch, Jugni, has given birth to four puppies."

He adds, "As a child, I lived in Punjab and distinctly remember having this dog I took care of. He was more of a buddy than an animal. I learned horse-riding and that's where my fondness for horses comes from."

The singer talks of his 'children' with the love of a parent. "My farm house is their comfort zone. I don't bind them with chains but see to it that they are given full freedom to roam around. I have just installed fans and coolers to protect them from Delhi's scorching heat."

When Mika moved to Delhi, he had an apartment that could accommodate a pet. He notes, "I had a dog but my flat was so small that he felt uncomfortable. There was very little space for him to move around. It was then that I decided that no matter what, one day I would buy a farmhouse where I can offer shelter to animals. That dream has finally come true."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/music/news-and-interviews/Mikas-animal-instinct/articleshow/14023697.cms

No comments:

Post a Comment